We hope you are never faced with an emergency situation for your pet, but if you are we want to ensure you have the information you need.
Emergencies are stressful as they seem to happen at the most inappropriate times and when you least expect it. The best you can do is make sure you have a plan of action in case the unforeseen happens.
- Make sure you have your veterinary centres telephone number and address handy. You can add it in to your mobile phone to save having to try and find it when you are under pressure.
- Make sure you know when the surgery is open. We are closed between 7pm and 9am weekdays and from 12pm Saturday until 9am Monday (excluding any bank holidays).
- If we are closed, you will need to call 01424 224818. We advise adding this number to your phone as well.
- If your pet has any medical conditions, make sure you are familiar with the condition and any medications he or she has and when the last dose was given.
- If you do not drive, or have transport readily available, make sure you have the contact details for a taxi or pet ambulance service that could get you to the emergency vet.
- Make sure you know which veterinary practice you are registered with so that the emergency vet can get any information regarding medical treatment they do is passed on to them.
- Make sure you know where the emergency clinic is. Sussex Coast Vets based at De La Warr road is the areas all hours’ clinic. It is based just off the roundabout at Glyne Gap (where the Ravenside Retail Park is, home to Tesco’s, Next, B&Q, PC world etc.)
If you are faced with an emergency situation, please try to stay as calm as possible. We appreciate it is not always possible, but pets are very good at picking up on their owner’s emotional state. If you are stressed it will add to their anxiety.
If anyone knows of any local taxi or animal transportation service in the Hastings, St Leonards and Bexhill area that will take you and your pet to the vet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, please email us at email@example.com and we can add them to this website.
Animal Ambulance and Pet Taxi
Sussex Coast Emergencies